Greetings, I’m Alan Gregerman, an author, speaker, entrepreneur, consultant, teacher, researcher, and community volunteer who is constantly trying to figure out how to unlock the genius in all of us and all of the companies and organizations we work for. I believe that we all have the ability to be way more creative, innovative, and successful than we ever imagined by having a better understanding of ourselves, the world around us, and how brilliance actually occurs.
A few personal notes…
- I am trained as a geographer and have a real passion for travel, cultures, and cities.
- I really enjoy meeting and learning from strangers, especially strangers who are very different than me.
- I love to walk, hike, play basketball, and sea kayak—especially in the North Sea off the west coast of Sweden.
- I could eat Asian food every day for the rest of my life.
- I really like the Indian holiday of Holi—in both theory and practice—and almost any holiday that celebrates the triumph of good over evil.
- I am nuts about trains, trams, subways, and cable cars.
- I tend to overuse the word “awesome.”
- I have a totally awesome wife, three awesome kids, and two really awesome rescued dogs named Vincent (van Dog) and Leo(nardo Dog Vinci).
Praise for “The Necessity of Strangers”…
Praise for “Surrounded by Geniuses”…
Looking for a great idea or a burst of inspiration? If so, you can subscribe to our slightly irregular newsletter. It's fun, habit-forming, and we promise to never share your name or email with anyone else on the planet.